www.flickr.com
items in 2010 Life Path Challenge More in 2010 Life Path Challenge pool

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Refreshment of Rain

I've discovered an interesting phenomenon in my garden. We can go for long dry periods where I water heavily to keep things alive and preserve my blooms. Yet, after a rain, regardless of the watering I have done, things just sprout up with new life. It truly does show who is the One in control of things. I can keep them alive, but God is the one who really gives the beauty. Maybe that is how our spirits are in life. We can live what seems like a pretty good life. We pat ourselves on the back and say, I'm not doing too bad. Yet, we really don't know the missing piece, because we don't even know there is a piece. There is a yearning in our hearts that we try to fill with all sorts of things. It can be TV, shopping, busyness so we don't feel the deep sadness, friends, workaholism, and all the other ism's. There is only One who can fill that empty spot, but it requires something from us. It requires our trusting. It requires our asking Jesus to intercede in our lives,,, to help carry our burdens. He knocks on our heart door, but he never pushes on it. He's waiting for you to open the door. Well, you say, I don't believe in all that! That my friend is what your head says, now ask your heart. Deep down, ask your heart about the pain and the emptiness. Or maybe you are too busy to even get in touch with such things. On the other hand, maybe it is too confronting. These things we can't understand with our heads, our thinking, these are things of the heart. Jesus said; "Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him and he with me." Rev. 4:1 "For the Lord God is a sun and shield; The Lord will give grace and glory; No good thing will He withhold From those who walk uprightly. O Lord of hosts, Blessed is the man who trusts in You!" Ps 84:10-12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you think. Leave a comment.